February is over and I’m headed into March with the renewed hope that warmer weather and spring brings. YAY! Here is how February and the resolutions went down:
1. Do one thing, once a month, to make my house more inviting and cozy.
I made a quilt! Well, I finished my quilt. I will post separately about that with pics.
2. Exercise a minimum of 45 minutes/ 4x a week.
Oy. This one didn’t go as planned. I did get some really good sweat sessions in, and a 1.2 mile swim in (same distance I’ll need for the aqua bike race) but the consistency wasn’t there due to illness and then some laziness/tiredness issues. I’m hoping to go at it with renewed vigor in March.
3. Tackle a list I have of little home improvement/decluttering tasks like doing touch up paint, organizing drawers, etc. One thing per week.
I did really well on this front, but again, was lame about taking before/after shots. I managed to make some major headway with paper clutter and I also de-cluttered my sock, underwear and bra drawers.
4. Donate at least $1000 to Heifer International
$500, halfway to goal.
5. Attend church 1x per month, in addition to hosting a bi weekly bible study.
I did this! I went to a church called, The Experience, nearby. Funny thing is…I came up with the name. They were celebrating their 10 year anniversary and some dear friends of mine were going to be there so it seemed like the perfect church going time. It was really spiritually uplifting, and because of it, I’m praying about a mission trip to Haiti in my not too distant future.
6. Focus diet on whole, unprocessed foods. Aim to eat well 80% of the time.
I would say I was more around 70% this month. Illness makes me yearn for certain processed food, sadly enough. But, I did finally break through a plateau and I am down 21 pounds since the day after Christmas.
The other goals aren’t applicable until later.